Author Topic: Raising (almost) dead books.  (Read 7623 times)

Offline Midnight_Carnival

• Star
  • leviathan
Raising (almost) dead books.
« on: September 25, 2015, 12:36:01 pm »
My mother works in a bookshop and a book came in which was small and looked cute.
Her boss didn't want it but my mom paid R5.oo for it and got it for me.
It was a book on interpreting dreams written in 18somethingorother, checking on the internet I  found that it hasn't been reprinted since and judging by the thick yellow pages and old book smell I think that the book I have is over 100 years old. I looked it up on the internet, it's considered a collectors item or something and people are selling it. I'm not going to sell mine but I am going to scan it in page by page and upload it onto my friend's website then give you a link to it. Books that old which have not been reprinted can be released as public domain as I understand and I don't see why people's greed should prevent the knowledge from begin preserved and used by any who have the understanding to do so.

The book is called Raphael's book of Dreams, it contains info on how to interpret your dreams by two methods.
One is based on astrology although it uses a system similar to geomancy, this one Raphael claims is the more reliable of the two methods and the tables he's drawn occupy much of the book. The other method he uses is symbolism. The interpretations he gives based on symbols/motifs are "outdated" that is to say they were written before psychoanalysis and from a euro-centric, patriarchal and predominantly (protestant) Christian perspective. He uses a lot of the "opposite meaning" interpretations, however they might be of interest to some.

Most of the interpretations of my dreams I've done by the first method indicate that I will be successful and prosperous in all my affairs :|
I also use his "signs" as "arrays" to give more in depth and interesting Pokemon readings.

NB: if you know of a free PDF of Raphael's Book of Dreams please let me know so I don't have to scan in all those pages!
Otherwise I can only invite you to read this and take what you like out of it even if it is only entertainment. Also please if you come across and old book, share it with others.
Life Begins in Darkness

Offline Re@PeR

• Administrator
  • Supernatural
  • Neophyte In Training
    • Way of the Rede
Re: Raising (almost) dead books.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 06:21:10 pm »
You've got a message ...
Balancing Eastern and Western, Chaos and Order
Contact me on reaper@wayotherede.com