Author Topic: Mass babies’ grave scandal pushes Irish govt, Catholic Church toward inquiry  (Read 19424 times)

Offline Re@PeR

• Administrator
  • Supernatural
  • Neophyte In Training
    • Way of the Rede
The Irish government is under pressure to order an inquiry into a recently uncovered mass grave for almost 800 children who died at a Catholic Church facility for unwed mothers and their children. Most of the bodies were dumped in a sewage tank.

http://rt.com/news/163764-800-dead-irish-orphans
Balancing Eastern and Western, Chaos and Order
Contact me on reaper@wayotherede.com

Offline Re@PeR

• Administrator
  • Supernatural
  • Neophyte In Training
    • Way of the Rede
And it seems they are investigating it now ... http://rt.com/news/165196-inquiry-ireland-mother-baby-home
Balancing Eastern and Western, Chaos and Order
Contact me on reaper@wayotherede.com

Offline Midnight_Carnival

• Star
  • leviathan
no doubt the same way the 'investigate' little boys being taught unpleasant lessons by priests  :angry:
They need a good old fashion psychic to connect with the babies and ask what the hell went on there.
I´ve gone so far it is hard for me to come back, even to visit

Offline Tatise

• Daughter of Thomas
  • Elite
Children of shame. Apparently they died because of a number of causes. Illness is one. And instead of treating them with respect, the church decided to "visit the sins of the parents on the children" - regarding them as less than human. The product of their doctrine of sex and shame.

I was an illegitimate child. Adopted shortly after birth. My birthparents could not marry because they were on different religions. My mother afrikaans and christian, my father english and jewish. And I managed to trace my birthmother - but she still does not want to have contact with me.

The most powerful emotion and weapon on this earth is shame.

"Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life"
Ursula le Guin: Wizard of Earthsea

Offline Midnight_Carnival

• Star
  • leviathan
Don't pay me any attention, I'm actually not here.

Just writing to say that I kind of beat you there!
I was "best man" at my parent's wedding, hence being such a bastard! (I'm also the Bitch of Payback, but that is another story!)

All I can say about shame is that people shouldn't base how they feel about themselves on what others say they should see when they look in the mirror.

-Purity.
I´ve gone so far it is hard for me to come back, even to visit