Author Topic: Prefix  (Read 3936 times)

Offline Peter (Stone Warlock)

• Occult
    • The Tricky Witchy Society
Prefix
« on: August 10, 2009, 09:57:00 pm »
Unlike most myths, the Christian myth was deliberately created by a group of men with aspirations to both political as well as financial power.
Gods and Goddesses, evil as well as benevolent super-human deities created by other myths, were due to the humans desire to explain natural occurrences as well as his desire to dissuade enemies from planned aggression against himself.

The Christian myth, however, was a deliberate and planned institution designed by a small group of individuals well versed in the ability to manipulate human superstition. This group, of what was basically businessmen, studied the flaws in other religions as well as the problems experienced by the followers of these religions.
One of the major problems that they identified was the large amount of Gods and Goddesses contained within the opposing myths. This necessitated the followers of these myths to pay homage to a multitude of deities, thus resulting in less revenue to any central controlling body. The Jewish idea of a single God appealed to them.

They also took note of the popularity of religions that promoted a sense of association with their Gods and Goddesses via the concept of a semi, or man-god, theme. This, they saw, allowed the followers to identify with the heroes of the myths. A human, later to become a God, became the cornerstone of their story. The vast majority of their `target market' were, they realised, poor. In order for the poor to identify with the man-god, it itself would have to originate from humble beginnings.

In order to lend credence to the sale, it would have to have historical fact built into it. At the time, stories of a great man, Jesus the Nazarene, were in circulation. There were, in fact, small groups of people in Rome who actually lived by his philosophy. Not the perfect candidate, but with a little inventive imagination, good enough. Jesus, the man-god, was created.

Now for a name. This name would have to be something that the common folk, mainly the disenchanted Jews, would be able to recognise as their own.
Fifty years prior to this the Jewish group known as the "Krestons" (the perfectionists) had been banned from Rome due to their insurrection. The Romans still referred to the Jews remaining in Rome as Krestons. This would be the perfect name - Krestons. Not only would the Jews identify it as their own, but it would also give the impression that the new religion was "perfect". Christianity was created, and at the centre of the theme, Jesus the Christ - Jesus the `Perfect'.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 10:00:27 pm by Peter (Stone Warlock) »

Offline Oldsoul

• Supernatural
Re: Prefix
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 10:34:52 am »
 :lol: Don't scare the people with jumping in with such a heavy subject, ease into it bro, start with something easy like the creation myth, add Lillith while you are at it.  :lol:
"Nulla scientia, quae nos magis certificet de divinitate Christi, quam Magia et Cabala"
Giovanni Pico della Mirandola.
"There is no knowledge that convinces us more of the divinity of Christ than magic and the Kabbalah"

When all else fails - Blow it up!

Offline Bee

• Granddaughter of Hecate
  • Supernatural
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 11:06:12 am »
Do mention her please!
Darkness does not always equate evil, just as light does not always brings good.

Offline Oldsoul

• Supernatural
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 12:33:48 pm »
The original myth was that Lillith was created before Adam.
"Nulla scientia, quae nos magis certificet de divinitate Christi, quam Magia et Cabala"
"There is no knowledge that convinces us more of the divinity of Christ than magic and the Kabbalah"

Zephyr

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 12:37:02 pm »
You forgot the "SAUCE" - bad boy!!!!  :lol: :clap:

Offline Oldsoul

• Supernatural
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 01:42:43 pm »
Oops, Lillith created Adam.  :lol:

Offline Bee

• Granddaughter of Hecate
  • Supernatural
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 03:56:07 pm »
Oops, Lillith created Adam.  :lol:

I can just see how that happened!
Darkness does not always equate evil, just as light does not always brings good.

Offline SilvrDragon

• Fantasy Appreciation
  • Archaeophyte
    • Embracing Gaia
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 04:26:40 pm »
Awesome post Warlock. Lots of food for thought.
Sometimes you have to destroy your life to let the next great thing happen.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
--Krishnamurti

Zephyr

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 04:44:16 pm »
Can we find the minutes for the council of Nicaea??? :biggrin:

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 07:11:42 pm »
:lol: Don't scare the people with jumping in with such a heavy subject, ease into it bro, start with something easy like the creation myth, add Lillith while you are at it.  :lol:

You think THAT was heavy my friend? Sheesh! That was the EDITED version.  :biggrin:

I'm not sure that Lillith forms part of the CHRISTIAN myth per se. Would she not be more of the Jewish myth?
That reminds me. While we are on the subject of myth, what chance for a space for both Jewish as well as Muslim myths? Do we have experts in these fields?

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 11:32:39 pm »
Can we find the minutes for the council of Nicaea??? :biggrin:

Actually - YES.

Offline LakotaWolf

• SUPERNATURAL
  • Neophyte
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 02:01:34 pm »
Stone Warlock please do go on, this subjects got me thinking alot
I am for Animal rights!! my the spirit of the Wolf be with your soul.

ShadowWolf

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 06:29:37 pm »
Nice one Warlock!

Offline nightmoon

• Solitary
  • Dragon Magick
  • Supernatural
  • It's OK to be different
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 06:41:45 pm »
Good one Warlock!
Do not lead me into temptation; I can find the way myself! (Rita Mae Brown)

Offline Tatise

• Daughter of Thomas
  • Elite
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 09:03:15 am »
So...do you have the Minutes and if you do, could you please post them?

:notworthy:

It will be a fascinating read.
"Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life"
Ursula le Guin: Wizard of Earthsea