My advice: You need a reason and it has to be a good one, a very good one, i got stuck in my studies and i just couldn't seem to advance, i cut out meat and every thing just fell into place. i cant describe it was like the universe wanted me to sacrifice something to let me move forward. i had wanted to become vegetarian for a few years before i took the plunge, it just took meeting a pig, she was such a cool pig and i couldn't imagine eating her, she lives at my sister in-laws farm (sister in-law is a vegetarian as well) that finally connected the dots, and until those dots connect you wont become a vegetarian, it doesn't matter how hard you try. im not trying to put you off im just pointing out a few truths, like no more jelly beans or jelly tots, and i love jelly beans and jelly tots, (the Manhattan jelly beans are crap, and we now get gelatin free jelly tots but they are a bit crappy as well). Say goodbye to eating at 95% of restaurants, you will see what i mean.
1. buy a good protein shake, you will crave meat like a drug, protein shake helps to confuse the body, i think a chicken breast is about 20 to 30 g protein a good protein shake can contain 40 to 50g protein and it is far better absorbed by the body. Just make sure if you crave meat you drink a shake, and you need to drink lots of water cause protein shake puts huge strain on the kidneys.
2. Don't give up meat completely at first make it one veg meal a week then 2 then 3 ect...
3 you will be tired the body takes time to adjust, leave it, its just the body adjusting, you will have more energy and life force than you have ever had when you ate meat, once your body adjusts
4. you need to have a fairly good idea of what the body need nutrition wise, visit a dietician, otherwise you are going to start replacing meat with carbs and that is not a good habit to get into, you can also do a huge amount of damage to your health, by being a bad vegetarian.
5. always remind yourself, when tempted, if you are a vegetarian and you eat meat, you will be sick, you will vomit and your body will react very badly to the meat, and never forget, that it will help you resist the temptation.
6. Vegan is hard, very hard, and i love tofu and soya milk, most i can go is about a week of a vegan diet and then i need a great big cheese sandwitch, aim for Vegetarian and then if you can go Vegan, it is a better choice.
7. When meat starts to repulse you, you will have crossed the line, i cant even go near the meat counter in a shop it just stinks, and repulses me.
8. you need to be an imaginative cook, you need to make something else the main part of your meal, cause meat is normally the main part of a meal.
9. learn to read food labels they stick parts of dead animals in the strangest things, and as long as you eat those small bits of dead animal you will be hooked, you need to commit to not eating meat again in any form (i sound a bit like a PETA supported there).
10. its a
load cheaper than eating meat, you can cut your food bill in half, literally.
and if you can lay of the meat your "spacial awareness" if i can call it that will increase, i cant describe it you will know when it happens, your eyes will open, bit like when you realized mainstream Christianity was a load of crap, except more real, once that happens you wont eat meat again, it blocks you.
trust me being Vegetarian is not something you do for a time period if your commit its something you do for rest of your life and you will see why.