Author Topic: How Does Your Garden Grow....  (Read 32240 times)

Offline Rowan

• Supernatural
Re: How Does Your Garden Grow....
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 10:35:15 am »
OK, so this morning we noticed the a spinach seed has sprouted, and I swear , if you watch it you can see it getting bigger!
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

By Air, Fire, Earth and Water
All things are created.
By Spirit,are all things entwined

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline Ameniatha

• Seeker of truth and knowledge
  • Archaeophyte
  • The wayward elf of the forest deep..
    • Ameniatha's
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 03:07:06 pm »
I have plans to build a greenhouse at the farm.... plus I have to plough a 5x8m patch for veggies, and a 3x3m patch for my pentacle herb garden...its my idea to use herbs that corrospond to the elements of each point, and then planting flowers and other herbs etc in the rest....
*Veritas Lux Mea*
Check out my recently published content on AC: My content
*Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to nurture it in solitude and to follow talent to the dark place where it leads-Erica Jong*

Zephyr

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 03:19:35 pm »
I had plans to grow a pentacle Garden, a Butterfly garden, an astrological garden, a fairy garden..... eish, so many plans, lol. have attached a doccie on some of these.

Here is a little something else:

Herbal Garden Pest Control
2 teaspoons crushed dried or fresh cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon crushed wormwood
Bring 4 cups water to a boil. Remove from heat, add the two herbs. Steep 10 to 15 minutes. Strain, place liquid in a spray bottle, and use to spray your garden plants to keep pests away. Remember to label the bottle to avoid accidents, and keep out of the reach of children.

Offline LADYICE

• Senior
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 03:45:55 pm »
Zep will that keep the rats away too

Zephyr

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 04:40:48 pm »
Natural rat repellants

Mix one bottle of Wintergreen Oil(1/2oz.)- (available at a health food stores)- with one bottle of Wintergreen Rubbing Alcohol. Then spray the area you are having trouble with- The Mice/Rats- literally will flee the area asap! The scent to them actually makes them feel they are suffocating.

In the early 1900's rat catchers would make use of peppermint oil by blocking their holes and with rags soaked with peppermint, and drive them with ferrets through the remaining holes into bags. Herbs and essential oils use in pest control continues in today's home, minus the ferrets.

Mouse Away provides all natural rodent control - made with our exclusive formula that combines pure Peppermint Oil with pure Spearmint Oil in just the right combination to provide maximum repellency.

Offline LADYICE

• Senior
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 04:49:09 pm »
Thanks so much

Offline Nefol Fey

• Simply Solitary
  • Supernatural
    • Reiki by Bronwyn
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 10:12:13 pm »
 :cry: You are all so lucky to at least have some form of garden up and running. Between moving around this year and having a baby I haven't been able to get stuck into my new garden- my fingers just itch when I look at the empty beds! So, next Sunday I'm off to my garden center to get plants at long last- yaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!  :clap:
DISCLAIMER: All posts of this member may or may not have been posted to this forum when said member was in altered states of consciousness. This member shall not be held responsible for any physical, mental, emotional and magickal injury, due to inexperienced people using said member's posts for their own intent. For totally reliable information, please consult an officially qualified professional in your local area. ALL POSTS ARE USED AT THEIR OWN RISK!

A dream is an answer to a question we haven't yet figured out how to ask

Offline Rowan

• Supernatural
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 07:20:07 am »
Well, stuff has started sprouting in my garden, Im not sure if they're weeds or plants, but hey!!
And the spinach seedlings we planted out have doubled in size!!
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

All things are created.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline MoonWolf

• Elite
  • ex nihilo nihil fil
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 07:45:30 am »
time for me to haul out the spade & start doing something in what is known as the herb/ veggie patch....love this time of the year.....

got lots of lemons - time to make some more lemon pickles.....
He who walks alone walks farthest.

Offline Crystal Mantis

• Supernatural
  • Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 08:24:23 am »
All my plants are starting to grow again :)

Because I only have a balcony as my garden I have a lot of bonsai ( 2x "Apiesdoring", 1x Pomegranate, 1x "Witstinkhout" ), One rose bush, One huge Jasmine, My herb window box ( Mint, Sage, Parsley, And a few others ) and everything is making new buds  :clap:
If it's not nailed down, it's considered a cat toy :)

There's nothing like getting bitten on the ass by something you didn't quite believe in - Cliff Pollick

* Why should I go to YOUR hell just because I dont believe in it? *
* You found God? If nobody claims him in 30 days, he's yours! *
* Cats don't want to own people. They prefer to lease with an option. *
* Cats humor us because they know that their ancestors ate ours. *

Zephyr

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 08:51:31 am »
While outside listening to the cacophany of frog calls I noticed that our grapefruit is in full bloom AGAIN!!! And the last harvests fruit is still on the tree!!! This tree has NOT stopped fruiting since we moved in, 1 year ago next month!!! And the blossoms are sickly sweet in smell. My MIL says that that is why the fruit is sour... all the sweetness goes into the blossoms,  :lol:

I have not planted yet.... was just about to when we got the news about the rent hike and now, as we may have to move, I dare not plant  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

So now, we wait........................

FIREPHOENIX

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 02:57:05 pm »
I just come from my garden and she is blooming-literally-my sage borne beautiful white buds,my lavender is so sweetly scented,my marigolds just broke ground and menta is taking over-lol-the fairies have been really good to my garden and the new life which spring brings is breathtaking..i enjoy my garden and always feel happy  with a sense of safety surrounding me-ah the magick of it all..happy planting and caring..-FP-

Offline Liquid Faerie

• burning angel wings to dust
  • Dragon Magick
  • Occult
  • is hiding under your bed
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 03:17:22 pm »
my garden is a jungle
Gum Till Do Cheum, As Gach Cearn, Fo Rionnag-iuil an Dachaidh!

(May your steps return from all corners of the globe, under the guidance of a star, that points to home!)

Offline Rowan

• Supernatural
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 03:39:01 pm »
My veggies are doing reaaly well, the leeks , carrots and beetroot are all about 2 inches tall, and the spinach seedlings I planted re nearly ready for harvesting!!

Pulled out a truck load of weeds yesterday!!!

All things are created.

Offline Ameniatha

• Seeker of truth and knowledge
  • Archaeophyte
  • The wayward elf of the forest deep..
    • Ameniatha's
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 07:45:19 am »
Luckily my garden is all in containers at the moment... but my Spinach is standing about 40cm tall... my radishes are coming along nicely, my two types of Basil are growing lekker, and my little tomato seedlings are about 2cm tall....

My lemon tree has gotten a bunch of new shoots...my lavender is in full bloom.. :)
*Veritas Lux Mea*
Check out my recently published content on AC: My content
*Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to nurture it in solitude and to follow talent to the dark place where it leads-Erica Jong*