Author Topic: Vampirism  (Read 37329 times)

Offline Bee

• Granddaughter of Hecate
  • Supernatural
Vampirism
« on: May 16, 2008, 07:12:53 pm »
Last night I had like an epiphany… lol, maybe it’s old news to some of you or maybe I made way too much assumptions of way too little information.  Anyway, let me run my thoughts by you…
The following is from my Judika Illes Encyclopedia of Witchcraft book p.357 & 358:

Bram Stoker’s Dracula has very little to do with the original European vampire.  In the Balkans, Eastern and Central Europe the word vampire / vampyre / upir can indicate a term for a witch, vampire or a werewolf.

In Slavic areas, vampires were understood as the living corpses of witches / sorcerers / magical practitioners who for some or other reason rise from the grave.  At their most neutral they are harmful simply because they do not obey natural law and at their worst they rise with the deliberate intention to cause harm.
Other interpretations suggests that the vampire is not dead but a living person that is able to send out and recall his / her shadow soul… and this soul is interpreted as the vampire.

Little or no notion of blood sucking exists in the original perceptions of vampires.  Because the vampire in a state between life and death, they require life energy and of coarse this is best absorbed from living people.  And this energy is more likely absorbed via sexual energy then the sucking of someone’s blood.

“the vampire is not dead but a living person that is able to send out and recall his / her shadow soul… and this soul is interpreted as the vampire”
-  Can this maybe be people that did some form of astral traveling / projection?

“And this energy is more likely absorbed via sexual energy then the sucking of someone’s blood.”
-  Sounds to me a bit like a succubus / incubus / lamia / strix / strigae, they’re all creatures that lust after sex or sexual energy.
-  All these creatures resemble mythic accounts of Lilith.  Diana, was said to be the leader of the strigae… maybe it was all info meant to defame them?

Could it be that the vampire is just another word for a succubus or incubus?

Or it could also have been that the vampire in all those gruesome scary bedtime stories was actually what we know today as a psy vampire?   
Darkness does not always equate evil, just as light does not always brings good.

Offline SoaringSpirit

• Satyr
  • Archaeophyte
Re: Vampirism
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 07:26:56 pm »
I think its quite likely and as with any story, the more it gets told from person to person the more embelished it became and in the end the vampires actually sucked blood as opposed to just energy.

Offline Re@PeR

• Administrator
  • Supernatural
  • Neophyte In Training
    • Way of the Rede
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 08:11:18 pm »
There's a difference between normal vampires and psi vampires, normal vampires feed of blood, psi vampires feed of energy from other human beings while a conduit absorbs energy mostly from their surroundings.

Psi Vampires are normal human beings with one or more defective or dysfunctional chakra (relative to normal human beings), which means the chakra can't produce enough of its own energy causing an imbalance in that person’s life force. It's a condition psi vampires are born with and in order for the affected person to function properly, that person needs energy from another source. Normal human beings may contract vampirism during their life time through drawn out stressful events, prolonged association with vampirism or from a detrimental psychic attack.

Not getting enough energy can lead to ailments which includes but is not exclusive to emotional, neurological, mental and physical instability. Not only psi vampires feed of energy, normal human beings does it as well in times of illness and injury as a way of survival, what separates normal people from psi vampires is the fact that psi vampires will continue feeding of energy even when in perfect health and will suffer from the above mentioned ailments when not getting a stable supply of energy. Conduits on the other hand will absorb energy from their surroundings and instead of feeding on it; they will simply keep it until another psi vampire drains it (acting as a donor) or until the conduit decides to ground it. If they fail to get rid of the absorbed energy, they will experience similar symptoms to that of a hungry psi vampire whereas a psi vampire will experience these symptoms when operating in an energy deficiency.

For people saying they’re getting a headache when not feeding of other people’s energy might be imagining it, furthering the illusion that they are in fact a psi vampire, real symptoms are intense and crippling. The main difference between an individual with an actual vampiric condition and a normal person is the fact that regardless of how much work is done to fix the problematic area (referring to the aura); a true vampire will not be able to fix it permanently (only temporary relief is possible).

Also note that there’s a big difference between psi vampire and psychic vampires, psi is the shortened form of psionic, some psionic vampires do have psychic abilities, but psionic mostly refers to the natural ability to manipulate and sense energy, lots of psionic vampires do so on a subconscious level on a daily basis and thus need the extra energy.

Psi vampires have the ability to directly connect to another person through a direct link, this can be used for feeding (which is dangerous for several reasons), and it can be used for healing or sharing information directly. Besides being able to connect to another person, other abilities include being generally psychic, ability to manipulate energy, the ability to heal others and oneself, the ability to slow the aging process in rare cases, proficiency at astral projection, high sensitivity to surroundings, highly empathetic and the ability to physically see auras.

Vampires are usually night people on a biochemical level. They have inverted circadian rhythms, with body cycles such as temperature peaks, menstrual onset, and the production of sleep hormones in the brain occurring at the opposite time of day from most people. They have difficulty adjusting to daytime schedules and frequently work at night. They tend to be photosensitive, avoiding sunlight, sun burning easily, and having excellent night vision. Their vitality ranges widely, and they can be vigorous and active one day, depressed and languorous the next.
Many people find that they feel "creepy" or "weird" around a vampire. This is usually due to the effects of one's own life force being drawn towards the vampire's vortex. Most people feel uncomfortable and distracted when their energy is pulled away from themselves. In addition to this, a common result of such an energy drain is for the aura to pull in tightly towards the body, and this causes a prickling sensation on the skin.

Just my 2c
Balancing Eastern and Western, Chaos and Order
Contact me on reaper@wayotherede.com

Offline Bee

• Supernatural
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 08:33:32 pm »
Interesting, I've always thought people claiming to be vampires are just people that read way too much in Anne Rice books.
"Vampires" that drink actual blood, from their friends / bf / gf... really kooky too.

Vampires are usually night people on a biochemical level. They have inverted circadian rhythms, with body cycles such as temperature peaks, menstrual onset, and the production of sleep hormones in the brain occurring at the opposite time of day from most people. They have difficulty adjusting to daytime schedules and frequently work at night. They tend to be photosensitive, avoiding sunlight, sun burning easily, and having excellent night vision. Their vitality ranges widely, and they can be vigorous and active one day, depressed and languorous the next.
Many people find that they feel "creepy" or "weird" around a vampire. This is usually due to the effects of one's own life force being drawn towards the vampire's vortex. Most people feel uncomfortable and distracted when their energy is pulled away from themselves. In addition to this, a common result of such an energy drain is for the aura to pull in tightly towards the body, and this causes a prickling sensation on the skin.

Very interesting!  But I suppose that not every second person has a condition like this.

Actually right now on History Channel is a story about a Vampire Princess.  Will give some feedback... it sounds really REALLY interesting!!!
Darkness does not always equate evil, just as light does not always brings good.

Offline Re@PeR

• Administrator
  • Supernatural
  • Neophyte In Training
    • Way of the Rede
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 08:42:47 pm »
You might want to go to http://www.vampires.nu/ if you're looking for a WOTR type community for vampires with 3000+ active members.
Have a facebook group (very inactive as usual) for Vampires / Sanguinarians as well: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6312875167&ref=ts
Balancing Eastern and Western, Chaos and Order
Contact me on reaper@wayotherede.com

Offline Bee

• Supernatural
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 08:50:06 pm »
Thanks I'll check it out!  I love anything that has to do with vampires.  Weird how something that's actually supposed to be a little disgusting can be so alluring. 

Offline Bee

• Supernatural
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 09:31:10 pm »
The program was about Eleonore von Schwarzenberg
http://www.thehistorychannel.co.uk/site/tv_guide/full_details/World_history/programme_429.php

Lol, who can read German (?? is it??)  It’s about the woman’s life…
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Vampirprinzessin

magenta

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 08:26:40 am »
vampires are very different from what most think us to be. trust me its really no fun being one

Zephyr

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 08:44:34 am »
And it is no fun living with one either... but if I were to tell hubby he was a psychic vampire he would laugh at me and call me insane... he has NO idea at all!!! The only psi ability he has is he knows when someone is pregnant and what sex the baby will be, and he has never been wrong. He also knows when he is being followed...
Otherwise, he is totally unaware of what he is or what he does and, as it is on a deep subconcious level, can do nothing about it. I just keep myself well shielded, which annoys him NO end as this makes him miserable, angry, irritable etc... He cannot feed off of me, most times... my  shield occasionally slips when he gets too much, he is pretty powerful at times, and then I have to reinforce it... But it is very hard at times... living with one 24/7 makes it harder. He even feeds off his Mum, but she is totally unaware too so she allows it, unconsciously. She is, literally, his willing slave. He demands, she gives in to his every whim. I have dug my heels in and have been fighting him the last few years... took ME a long time to realise, much to his surprise and, of course, anger!!!
The Desiderata says, "Go placidly amongst the noise and haste" and this is the impression he gets now and is always screaming at me because I just sit there calmly and placidly instead of reacting in any way or caving in to his demands.
He cant feed off neutral energy :D

magenta

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 08:56:42 am »
ok i wasnt talking about psi but that is difficult to live with a psi.
i was talking a about sanguinarians with blood lust. blood lust is terrible when you fight it, it makes you weak for weeks on end unless you find a alternative to blood if you are one who does not want to drink the life force of another

Offline Bee

• Supernatural
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 09:07:22 am »
Maybe, though, I do think very little people are born with the actual conditions Re@PeR talked of.
Being a vampire is popular and romantic, dare I say, under the Goth scene. 
I've known a few "vampire" Goths... they were my friends, I loved them, indulged them in their "habits" and beliefs...  but call me the party pooper, what ever I don't care... they lived in one big fantasy world.
I also love the idea of vampires, it is beautiful, romantic and erotic and just weird enough so I totally love it, but if anyone comes to me saying "I'm a vampire / vampyr"... I'll go  :| "Ja that's beautiful" but actually think "yeah, right."

Zephyr

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 09:07:49 am »
oooh, eish... I can well imagine.
You know, vampyrism has always fascinated me. I have, I think, all the 'modern' vamp movies. The blade trilogy, the underworld movies, Van Helsing, vampyres, a few version of Dracula... Some are just a load of BS, but some are pretty much well informative... Of Course, Count Drac has been exaggerated many times. I just need to get "Conversations With A Vampire" again. Have met a couple, mainly at Goth functions... where you battle to find REAL Goths amongst the Psuedo Goths, but if you look closely enough, you can tell :) My first Goth function a real Goth gave me the pointers... lol. Mainly Vamps hang out at the Goth clubs... makes sense. We have the "electric Church" here, the local Goth Circle.
I have had no close dealings with sanguinarians though.
It must be pretty tough :(

Zephyr

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 09:09:45 am »
Very few people are born with it and most of them keep it hidden. But they DO exist. The real ones dont go around boasting about it though, as a rule!!!

actually, in recent months I have had this craving for raw meat.............. I actually sneak a few bites before I cook it............. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 09:11:20 am by Zephyr »

Offline Bee

• Supernatural
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 09:15:57 am »
Oh shait, I'm about to become very unpopular... people that drink actual blood claiming that they uncontrollably crave it... takes Bram Stoker and any vampire tale too far.

Offline Robin

• The father hen
  • Administrator
  • Supernatural
  • i am the pagan your dogcr coven warned you against
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 09:26:29 am »
Until you actually had to meet face to face with one ofcourse you would say they just take the bramstoker thing too far, believe me i have witnessed some weird things in my life, them real vamps are always arround
The rules:
1)Spare me the BS. (an other nit/nose picking crap..
2)all those true seekers welcome.
3)fit in or f off policy.
4)when in need phone me.
5)I am the door man and i will kick your butt if you step over the line, but i will also comfort you in times of need. Edit: i am also the local fire hydrant...
6) blessings on your path.
:robin:

777) p.s forgot to add fluck with me and i will eat you for a snack.....