Author Topic: !!! VERY IMPORTANT !!!  (Read 13427 times)

rowan.baettylus

Re: !!! VERY IMPORTANT !!!
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 10:31:15 am »
nah, i just said that !
I went and wrote everyone names on them after i got them !!  :evil:

LoL !

Kidding ! Completely, entirely, 100% confidential ! !

:clap:

Offline Oldsoul

• Supernatural
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 10:42:41 am »
Write my name in Capitol letters. I am proud of what I am.  :clap: :clap:
"Nulla scientia, quae nos magis certificet de divinitate Christi, quam Magia et Cabala"
Giovanni Pico della Mirandola.
"There is no knowledge that convinces us more of the divinity of Christ than magic and the Kabbalah"

When all else fails - Blow it up!

Offline druid

• @RevBrettBurgell
  • Supernatural
  • lets rock
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 11:46:43 am »
willtry get mine to you this week
THERE IS ONE POWER IN THE UNIVERSE, AND I AM THE PERFECT MANIFESTATION OF THAT POWER

1st Degree Clergy and acting High Priest of the Clan of the Kheper Temple

rowan.baettylus

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 01:08:26 pm »
great stuff !

thnx

Offline Saeth

• Wubbulus Witch of Windsor (East)
  • Elite
  • Procrastinating Pagan
    • Soulless Pink Bunny
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 11:53:06 am »
Remember that this is an old thread... started in December (on my birthday, actually,  :lol::smile: As far as I recall, we were not allowed to have marriage officials (and technically not "official") until a few months ago, am I correct? So when Rowan Baettylus posted this thread, there was definitely still a battle to be fought, even though it's not necessary now.
Ignorance breeds fear, and fear leads to hatred. Hatred simply begets more hatred in a never-ending cycle. To combat hatred, combat ignorance. Show respect. Be willing to learn about others and they will be willing to learn about you.

We cannot expect love, tolerance and respect from other people if we don't show it first.

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Saeth

• Elite
  • Procrastinating Pagan
    • Soulless Pink Bunny
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 12:13:07 pm »
*Sigh* See, I shoulda gone to KZN uni instead of UJ... oh well... it didn't work out, either way, lol.

2008 definitely seems to be the Year of the Pagan, ne? I think we're going in the right direction. It's only a matter of time before we become accepted... over the years, old prejudices fade. Look at homosexuality, for instance. As few as ten, twenty years ago it was illegal in many, many countries, including Apartheid SA, to be gay. If I was an adult back then, I'd have been unable to hold a job, or unable to come out at all. Now... I work at a preschool, and my boss is a very religious Christian... I was terrified to come out to her, I was convinced I'd be forced to leave, but I did so last Wednesday... and she was totally cool with it. She said that the important thing was that I make the kids happy - being gay doesn't change who I am as a person. She actually said that. You think it would have been acceptable even a decade ago? I don't.

It's the same with Paganism. There's stigma surrounding it (and a great deal of it stems from certain parts of the Bible in the Abrahamic faiths, much like homosexuality). BUT, as time is passing, day by day the stigma is worn away. Gradually people are finding that they know someone (or know someone who knows someone) who is Pagan... and hey, turns out we're not evil spawn of Satan after all. Day by day, even though it's slow, peoples' perceptions of what a Pagan is are changing. Maybe the government as it is right now does not entirely accept us. But ultimately the government is of the people, and when perceptions start changing among the people, it ripples out to the government.

"Make haste slowly", as the saying goes. And we're doing that.
Ignorance breeds fear, and fear leads to hatred. Hatred simply begets more hatred in a never-ending cycle. To combat hatred, combat ignorance. Show respect. Be willing to learn about others and they will be willing to learn about you.

We cannot expect love, tolerance and respect from other people if we don't show it first.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Bee

• Granddaughter of Hecate
  • Supernatural
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 12:15:30 pm »
What exactly falls under “Paganism”?  The term Paganism encompasses many religious paths. 
Even the less desirable elements we always say “we’re not” falls under Paganism.  No wonder the general Joe Shmoe’s confused.
Darkness does not always equate evil, just as light does not always brings good.

Offline Saeth

• Elite
  • Procrastinating Pagan
    • Soulless Pink Bunny
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 12:21:13 pm »
What exactly falls under “Paganism”?  The term Paganism encompasses many religious paths. 
Even the less desirable elements we always say “we’re not” falls under Paganism.  No wonder the general Joe Shmoe’s confused.

*Sigh* yeah... but what else could we say for the community as a whole? Not everyone who is Pagan is a Witch, or Wiccan. Pagan is really the only term we can use unless every single different Path registers. Druids, Wiccans, Shamans...

-Mahatma Gandhi

Offline FyreByrde

• Flamethrower
  • Supernatural
  • There is no magic.
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 04:26:04 pm »
I do recall that there was quite a big debate about Satanism vs./in Paganism on the SAPRA dsicussion board...or was it SAPC. Can never remember which.

As far as I'm concerned, only LaVeyan Satanists can even begin to approach Paganism, since they don't really follow the Christian mythologies (backwards or not. :rolleyes: ). But then again, they're practically Atheist, which rules out the Pagan option entirely.
Hmm.....thinks.

Has anyone heard of a Buddhist referring to themself as Pagan?
There is a curse.                                                                      

They say:
May you live in Interesting Times.                             

~ Terry Pratchett ~

Jesus owns and wears a bracelet that reads: "WWRD?"         Fear the Koekemoer

Zephyr

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 04:32:15 pm »
hehe Buddhists will vehemently refute any connection to Paganism :D I think they feel too 'civilised' to be counted as Pagan... after all, pagan DOES mean country hick :D

Offline Rowan

• Supernatural
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 04:37:08 pm »
I AM NOT A HICK!!

:drunk: :wine:

hic!
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes , you are in for a long night, I havent even had a drink!!
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

By Air, Fire, Earth and Water
All things are created.
By Spirit,are all things entwined

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline FyreByrde

• Flamethrower
  • Supernatural
  • There is no magic.
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 05:13:17 pm »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:@Rowan.
So..I'm an urban country hick...? :helpme: :wtf:
There is a curse.                                                                      

They say:

~ Terry Pratchett ~

Zephyr

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 05:20:50 pm »
I AM NOT A HICK!!
:drunk: :wine:
hic!
 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes , you are in for a long night, I havent even had a drink!!

oh-oh!!!  :lol:

Offline Saeth

• Elite
  • Procrastinating Pagan
    • Soulless Pink Bunny
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2008, 05:33:28 pm »
Maybe in time the word "Pagan" will come to mean only those who follow a nature-based earth faith...

-Mahatma Gandhi

Offline FyreByrde

• Flamethrower
  • Supernatural
  • There is no magic.
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 04:44:21 pm »
Well, if Buddhists don't call themselves Pagan, then already the definition of "Anything that isn't Abrahamic" falls away....
Now, Hinduism is relatively nature-based...are they Pagans? :erm:
There is a curse.                                                                      

They say:

~ Terry Pratchett ~